Do you ever wake up on a cold winters day craving that delicious memorable, warm the soul apple crumble?
Today was that day for me and as I had a time to kill, I thought I would have a little fun. Testing out recipes always lifts my mood, and I have been wanting to test out an apple crumble cake for the longest time.
Who doesn’t want to have a delicious, warm tatsy apple cake with a crunchy crumble topping and that delicious cinnamon spice burst.
I decidecd to add some sour cherries and dried fruits for a little extra flavour to really get my tastebuds doing a happy dance.
It’s as simple as following your instincts thinking about what flavours you love, putting in the secret ingredients of love and laughter and following a recipe of course 😉
- Tips and Tricks
- Use room temp butter creaming butter and sugar is so much easier
- Crack the eggs seperately and add one at a time
- Line the tin with a square piecec of parchment paper, if using a loose bottom tin this helps to lift the cake once cool.
- I used a combination of mixed spice and cinnamon to spice up my cake.
- Soak your dried fruit and sour cherries (fruits of choice) in a 1/4 cup of boiling water for 10mins before use to make plump and juicy.
- Keep the juices and make into a syrup if you like a little extra sauce
Add your choice of cream, custard or ice cream and enjoy your winters afternoon with this delicious, warm sour cherry and apple crumble cake.